2009/06/30

Religious Faith Challenger

When I was living in Portugal, I would never feel the need to have a religion related blog. However, after arriving at the United States of America, I felt that voicing a non religious view of the world was more important than ever.
I have to admit that Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Bill Maher and others, indirectly motivated me to do so.
But religion is a tricky subject. Falls out of the realm of logic and healthy thinking. That means that if someone really wants it, they can stick with whatever randomly generated lunacy they desire, and the world will be here to protect those beliefs.
I found that to be a very disturbing reality not to do anything about.

In a world where atheism grows year after year, it only made sense to me that I would be just one more to give a helping hand to that tendency. I am doing it here.

3 comments:

dfelix said...

What do you mean as "need"?

For someone breed under the typical portuguese "non-practitioner catholicist" and with a very open minded point of view... what are the reasons to feel some kind of need?

Tsnacio said...

This need comes from a worry.
It is like needing an alarm because you worry getting your house broken into.
Anyway, the house/alarm example does not apply to religion in any way. Just to the need coming from a worry.
And I worry about people like this.

dfelix said...

Well...

If God's will and bible interpretations have been reason for so many holy wars, the inquisition, and all kinds of justified crimes...

...why not the global warming be a act of god?
:)

It' sad, but this arguments can work very well on simple minded christians fundamentalists.