At some point during the last school semester, I got myself a chance of applying for a job on UTPA campus. Assistant Webmaster at the online newspaper, in addition to being a server at Pizza Hut.
After telling my manager about my upcoming availability changes, the manager encouraged me to do it, stating that we had too many servers at the time. Cool.
I was now a full time student, and had two part time jobs. The hours were cool though.
Later, it turned out that we didn't have servers to pick up the last shift of the day, and they started assuming I was going to be the guy to fill in for the people that are supposed to be on the last shift, and scheduled me to do it. In the interest of fairness, I did that for about 7 weeks, in the hopes of seeing a closer or two get hired. People come and go, so, why not give them a hand?
After a few requests to get the schedule I had before, excuses came to justify them doing whatever they want even though my availability wasn't matching their requirements... over and over and over again.
Their excuse?: "Nobody likes to close, so everyone closes when needed."
After running out of diplomatic options, something had to be done.
Solution? Simple: Quit. Done.
After telling my manager about my upcoming availability changes, the manager encouraged me to do it, stating that we had too many servers at the time. Cool.
I was now a full time student, and had two part time jobs. The hours were cool though.
Later, it turned out that we didn't have servers to pick up the last shift of the day, and they started assuming I was going to be the guy to fill in for the people that are supposed to be on the last shift, and scheduled me to do it. In the interest of fairness, I did that for about 7 weeks, in the hopes of seeing a closer or two get hired. People come and go, so, why not give them a hand?
After a few requests to get the schedule I had before, excuses came to justify them doing whatever they want even though my availability wasn't matching their requirements... over and over and over again.
Their excuse?: "Nobody likes to close, so everyone closes when needed."
After running out of diplomatic options, something had to be done.
Solution? Simple: Quit. Done.









No comments:
Post a Comment