Precisely 5 years ago, I was flying to the United States for the first time.
Today, I went to the post office to mail my last stack of paperwork concerning immigration.
I am now applying for naturalization. If it gets approved, I will no longer be a permanent resident. I will instead be an American Citizen.
From that point onwards, I will no longer have to worry about immigration status, or traveling arrangements. I will be free to go anywhere just as I used to do when living in Portugal. Also, I will be able to vote in all elections.
I will from that point on, have two nationalities. Dual citizenship.
Looking back, I would say it was the most exciting time of my life. I saw amazing places, met amazing people, amazing friends, gained another family, and all this because of one person that made it all possible. A very special thanks to that person, my friend, my partner, my love, my wife.









2 comments:
Congratulations colhao. I hope that you can stay a little bit longer, the next time you arrive in good old Tugaland :-)
:)
Post a Comment